Thursday, August 25, 2011

Where are you?

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. Ecclesiastes 9:10

Where are you finding yourself at this very moment? Are you at work, in a fabulous job that you love and in which you find fulfillment? Are you a stay-at-home Mom, loving, nurturing and instructing your children in the ways of the Lord, and making your home a haven for your spouse and family? Are you between jobs, searching for work, not sure what tomorrow holds? Are you in a job that is less than desirable, and each waking morning brings dread? This scripture has been sticking with me for the last two days now. I can't shake it, so I figured I better meditate on it some more. I am, at this season of my life, a stay-at-home Mom to my sweet little Lily. Some days are easy, precious and so gratifying. Other days are hectic, frustrating and down right annoying. Let's be honest-no matter where we find ourselves in this season of our life, we have good days and we have not so good days. We have days where we feel like we can conquer the world, and days where we wish we could just curl up under a rock. I admit, I am not the best housekeeper. As I type, I can see the breakfast dishes still on the table..heck, the dinner dishes are still in the sink. My house is in relative order at the moment only because I just had family visit for a week and they were super helpers! So yesterday, when I first read this scripture, it struck a chord inside of me...it wasn't a beautiful high C, it was more like a B flat. Many times, I don't "do whatever I do with all my might". Many times I am half hearted in my endeavors. My desire is to be the best I can be, but my weakness is my flesh and all the distractions that it finds all around me.

It says in Colossians 3:23 to "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people."

I often remembered that scripture when I was working outside the home, but somehow I have forgotten that it applies wherever I am, whether it be rocket science or diaper duty. I really love this season in my life, and staying home, for me, is a joy. But looking around my house, you wouldn't know it. I am thankful that God gently and lovingly nudges us when we need to focus and readjust, even when what I really deserve is a swift kick in the behind. So I am getting off my blog for now, and whipping this house into shape. I want this home to be a safe haven for my family. A place of peace and order, not chaos. I want to be the woman, wife, and mom that God wants me to be. And no matter where you find yourself right now, God can help you to be the best that you can be. Instead of wishing away our seasons that might leave a lot to be desired, He can help you to refocus on what your sphere of influence is, find purpose and meaning in Him and what He has placed right in front of you.

No comments: