Wednesday, April 10, 2013

5th Grade Field Trip to Charleston

Well, after a very early start, they are off! Josh was up at 5am with his bags all packed and ready for 2 fun filled and educational days in Charleston with 175 other 5th graders. He had butterflies on the ride to school, but I know he is so excited and is going to have a great time. He made me cry last night when, after we packed all his stuff, he walked over to me, gave me a hug and told me that he was going to miss me. Yeah, he's a keeper!!

Handsome boy ready to go!
 
Good-byes to their big brother at the school; Lily still in her monkey pj's!

Buses loaded, kids/teachers boarded, ready to hit the road!


It will seem strange tonight when he is not here. My kids have never gone anywhere without us (except for sleep-overs with their cousins.) Lily cried in the car after Josh left. It's nice to know that although they fight and pick and tattle on one another, they really love each other so much! Have a great time, Josh!!

No comments: