Friday, February 27, 2009

D-Day

Well, today's the day. The day we get our dog. At Luis's work, they found a dog in one of the plantations, and after a month or so of trying to find the owner, no one has claimed it. They even brought the dog to check to see if it had a homing chip implant, but they found nothing. So...he's going to be ours. The kids are out of their minds with excitement at the thought of their very own dog. I, on the other hand, am just out of my mind. I really don't like dogs. To me it's like having another child, but one that destroys everything in it's path. I have already decided that he will have a wire run way out in the back of our yard...where I won't break my ankle on the many holes I am sure he will dig. I have also informed Luis and the boys that it is "their" dog, which means all the responsibilities that comes with him. This should be interesting, to say the least. Bear with me...I'm sure there will be a number of posts this week coming...I can just feel it!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I wish you luck with your dog. I know you don't care for dogs but they really can be a wonderful addition to a home, and great with kids. Your boys will be happy and just maybe, you will learn to love this dog. My dogs are very special to me- they have sweet personalities. They are (obviously) indoor dogs but they do not dig outside. Some minor annoyances- one dogs barks quite a bit when excited but in a sweet "wow mommy you are finally HOME!!" kind of way. They other two dogs enjoy lying on the floor and being lazy most of the time.
I do understand where you are coming from. I did not have dogs before Maggie, nor did I have dogs while growing up. My parents did not allow it and my sister had allergies. I was always afraid of dogs because I got bit when I was in elementary school. Hopefully you can give your dog a chance and learn to love it someday. Maggie was my first dog and now she's almost 10 years old. It helped to get her when she was a puppy so I got over the parts of dogs I do not like and was afraid of. I love her very much. She is a sweet little girl. If you had a "Maggie" you might change your mind!! :)