Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sleepy

I have found myself so very far behind in everything lately. The laundry is piling up...the kids rooms are a mess...I just remembered that I was supposed to pay our property taxes...that were due in January :( Let's not even discuss the state of the bathrooms!! I don't know where my head is lately...all I can say is that I am so extremely tired. Maybe it's because I am pregnant at 37, and my energy level is just not the same as it was a few years ago. Maybe it's because we are doing a gazillion things that we all love, but I am not getting enough rest. When I was pregnant with Josh and Jonathan, I was working in Arizona, putting in ten hour days. I think I was so busy back then, and had no way of slowing down, that I couldn't allow myself to admit that I was tired. That is, until the eighth month, when I was carrying Josh. It all came to a crashing halt. I was the administrative coordinator for an endoscopy center. My front desk girl had just quit, and I was left alone to run it all by myself. I was literally running around the clinic a good portion of most days. No wonder my blood pressure went through the roof! I was put on total bed rest for the last month by my MD. With Jonathan, we were staffed much better, and I was able to do most of my work sitting down. Those were long days of making sure everything was in order, so that I could take 2 months off with my new little one without feeling like I dumped all my work on everyone else. I actually worked up until 2 days before Jonathan was born. This time around, I am at home. My mornings are all school, school, school...because around 2pm, I get so sleepy that I start to fall asleep sitting up. We are very busy with church, soccer, gardening, and running errands that seem to pop up almost daily! Sometimes I think that I am more busy at home than I ever was at work. One thing I can say for sure, I am much more peaceful this time around. My stress level is no where close to the stress that I felt when I was working. I just hope that once I pass this first trimester, I will start to feel like myself again. For now, it's 9:42pm...and I am off to bed!

No comments: