Friday, April 20, 2012

Created with Purpose

This is what God said [to Jeremiah]:
"Before I shaped you in the womb,
I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
that's what I had in mind for you."
Jeremiah 1:5


Each life is so precious to God. In heaven, there is no such thing as an unplanned pregnancy or unwanted child. Each baby planned in heaven, even if not planned on earth. In the Bible, each child born was given a name. A name with meaning. Some children were born in joyous times, with the celebration of the whole family. Others were born in pain and suffering, during times of utter dispair, yet still given a name. A name respresents purpose, it gives identity. A name is usually decided long before we catch the first glimpse of our little one's toes or feel the softness of their cheek.

As the Lord spoke to the future prophet, Jeremiah, so He speaks to all of us today: "You are my plan. I made you with a specific purpose in mind. I didn't have to wait until you were born and see your face to know that purpose lies within you. The purpose has been there since before time, and you were create to be a tool to help fulfill the purpose of heaven on earth. I created you with my purpose in mind. I formed you with my plans written on the blueprint of your life. Your strengths, your weaknesses, your personality were set in place long before you opened your eyes for the first time or took your first breath. I want you to know your purpose. I want you to walk confidently in the plan I have established for your life. Seek my face and draw close to me, and I will exchange your mystery for my destiny. Let me show you what you were created for. I am the One who called you and only I can reveal your purpose in it's fulness. Seek me and you will find the true desires of your heart."

No comments: