Friday, November 14, 2008

Joy in the Journey

Every once in a while, God gives us the opportunity to redo something that was done poorly in the past. Most of the time, we think of it as a mountain...something negative that we have to get around, over, or through. But today, I have an excitement...and unspeakable joy about something good that we are able to redo from the past. I can't really give too many details, mainly because I don't have them all at this point, but suffice it to say, God, in His awesome way, is allowing us to right a wrong that was made many years ago, and we are so excited about it! It's not every day that we are allowed to retrace steps of the past, and then, from the vantage point of a traveller who has a little more experience and understanding under the belt, make adjustments to a path that once led to heartache, and redirect it to a divine destination. Yesterday, in our Bible class, Josh, Jonathan and I read the story of Joseph, one of my favorites. As I was teaching the boys about how God is always with us, even in the midst of circumstances that seem so bleak, God deposited that truth into my own heart once again. The beauty of how Joseph walked upright, even in the midst of adversity, with integrity of heart before the Lord. How his character never waivered, even when no one was looking. And the fact that what his brothers meant for harm, God fashioned for good, in a way that only He is able. Yes, he was betrayed by the brothers that he loved, yes, he was falsely accused, yes, he had to spend some time in a foreign land, and yes, he had to wait in prison more than two years...but I have no doubt in my mind that after everything was said and done, Joseph didn't regret a single moment of his journey. I so relate to Joseph at this time of my life, and I am so looking forward to the thrill of living out the truth of what the enemy meant for harm, the Lord meant for good! I think I can almost hear Joseph cheering us on...

~~Joy in the Journey, song by Michael Card~~

"There is a joy in the journey,there's a light we can love on the way. There is a wonder and wildness to life, and freedom for those who obey. All those who seek it shall find it, a pardon for all who believe. Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind. To all who've been born of the Spirit, and who share incarnation with him; who belong to eternity, stranded in time, and weary of struggling with sin. Forget not the hope that's before you, and never stop counting the cost. Remember the hopelessness when you were lost?"

1 comment:

GrossoSpace said...

Hi Leslie,

I tried e-mailing you but your e-mail under "Contact" does not seem to work so this was the only way I could reach you.

Thank you so much for the comment, it's absolutely encouraging to hear that you guys went through the same thing and that there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

If it wasn't for health insurance being so expensive, I would being staying home with Leah. It's working out right now, but I have a feeling it won't last long. We've been looking at costs for self-employed and it's about 13,000 annually, which is ridiculous but at the same time it may be worth it. I guess we'll see.

By the way, Chris said you're a sweetheart :D I hope I'll have an opportunity to meet you one day and for you and Chris to reunite. Sounds like it's been years since you guys saw each other last. He said that he met you through Young Adults at the Chapel.

Anyway, I really just wanted to say "Thank you" for the encouraging words and of course I don't mind you checking out our blog. God Bless you and your family!

Michelle