Saturday, August 14, 2010




Wow...been a while since my last post!! We have been super busy these last few weeks and lots of excitement around the Parra Hacienda. School is about to start...three more days and the boys will begin in Belton. They are VERY excited...I am, well, excited, yet nervous, but I know all is well! We have already met their teachers, toured their schools, and purchased everything from khaki pants to jumbo glue sticks! As most of you know, I have very overactive tear ducts (thanks, Dad!), and I have already shed tears in front of Josh's teacher. Yes, I am going to be known as the emotional Mom...oh well...I was just fine, until she asked me if it was going to be difficult sending the boys to school (after homeschooling for three years)...it made me remember how my Mom used to take my temperature when I felt sick, and when she said, "Well, you have a fever", I would start crying, feeling so bad for myself...emotions...gotta love 'em...

The boys are handling it much better than I am, except Josh told me the other day that he's going to miss being with his brother all day. How sweet is that! They have been together for five years, non stop...day and night...for better AND for worse! haha...

So, we have been getting ready for school and soccer to start. We are also praying about a new door that has been presented to us (more on that one later), and getting ready for the Hispanic Campmeeting that will take place at our church in a few weeks!I get to take a break from the piano and sing with the Praise and Worship group, which I am really looking forward to! Lily is growing by leaps and bounds and we are excitedly anticipating her birthday in September. I can't believe she is almost one! She is such a blessing! She now has two teeth, with two more on the way, and she is crawling and pulling herself up on her crib. Lookout world...her curly locks are growing, and I am determined NOT to cut them...EVER...well, maybe a trim, but not for a VERY long time. Luis is plugging away at work and his courses...always taking advantage of every opportunity to better his skill at work.

Well, this entry is kind of sporadic, but that's how life has been lately. Hopefully, when we get back on schedule, my blogging with settle in again as well.

No comments: