Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scrumptious, easy dessert recipe!

My friend Joy came over the other day, and it was her son, Elias' birthday. She made the most delicious, easiest ice cream cake for him, so I thought I'd share the recipe. For all my family up north, sorry...I know there's snow on the ground...just tuck this away until summer!

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

You need:
Ice cream sandwiches (The Neapolitan kind work nicely!)
Cool whip
Your favorite Ice Cream toppings
a crushed candy bar of your choice

Place a layer of Ice Cream Sandwiches in a rectangular pan, top with cool whip.
Add crushed candy bar pieces, then top with another layer of Ice cream sandwiches. Add more cool whip, then add your favorite ice cream topping (we like Hershey's syrup!)

Stick it in the freezer for a few hours, until everything has frozen...slice and enjoy! It looks like a layer cake that you slaved over, but it only took minutes! My kind of dessert...but definitely not low cal! Oh well, once in a while, you have to splurge! :)

No comments: