Tuesday, May 4, 2010

When we first moved in to our house, we headed to Lowe's to purchase some appliances. As usual, we ventured into the garden section. I just love to look at all the plants and flowers, and imagine how pretty our yard would be...of course, I only imagine because as soon as I bring something home and try to plant it, it always dies on me. So, we only "window shopped" that day, as Luis doesn't have much time right now to think about the landscaping here. Thankfully, the builder did some already, and we have a couple trees and some shrubs. We did, however, leave with one plant...a special request of Josh's. No, it wasn't delicate flower, or fragrant vine...it was a carnivorous Venus fly trap...a definite BOY plant!




Josh takes great delight in feeding his plant, although the directions say it is not necessary. I even caught Luis out in the kitchen (where the meat-eating plant resides) slowly lowering a fly into the steel caged designed trap to it's doom...I never had such sympathy toward a fly before. I have to admit, it is an interesting species of plant life. Let's just hope that it doesn't end up like the one in Little Shop of Horrors.

No comments: