Friday, June 3, 2011

School's Out! (well, almost)

We are winding down the first school year here in Anderson County, and it has been such a wonderful year! Josh did so great transferring from being home schooled to third grade in the public school. He finished out the year making A/B honor roll for the whole year, highest average in math and math concepts, won the Panda pride award for citizenship, and received fitness reading recognition. He is a great all around student. He's made lots of new friends, and played soccer and baseball. He's sad that many of his friends will not be in the same class with him next year, but he is happy that he is in Mr. White's class. (He was hoping to get him for fourth grade!) Jonathan loved Kindergarten, especially his teacher Mrs. Jones, and his buddies Morgan, Taylor and Andrew. He loved art and music, and hated PE (but I think it was more because of the teacher than the class itself). I was very pleased with the schools here in Belton-they were much better than I even anticipated.

Here's some pictures from Jonathan's awards day today. His teacher named him an "awesome athlete". He's all over the place, but that's my Jonathan!








My children each bring me unique joy...Jonathan is my sunshine!

No comments: