Friday, July 11, 2008

Rain, rain, everywhere...




I am still trying to get used to the weather around here...Living in Arizona for six years, I really grew accustomed to blue skies, blue skies, and more blue skies! I think it rained once a year there, if we were lucky. When we first moved to AZ, Luis, being fond of gardening and such, prayed for rain...only to discover that the local farmers had the growing season down to a science, (using the Colorado River to irrigate), and the least bit of rain would ruin everything! When my Dad came to visit in 2002, he would open the curtain every morning and say, "Wow, another blue sky!" Coming from "gray" Syracuse, it was so odd for him to see sunny days for 3 weeks straight! Consequently, I am trying to get used to the almost daily thunder storms this time of the year. And I have to admit, I don't really like the loud booms like I used to. Josh has become my personal weather man lately. He loves to watch the clouds roll in, and tell me in which direction they are moving. He closely watches the sky as it changes, and swears that it looks green, signalling a tornado, every time it so much as sprinkles! He has checked out several books on weather and storms from the local library, and is mystified by clouds, rain, wind, etc. It's funny how much more attention you pay to something, when you have lived for many years without it.

No comments: