Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Little Lily

Well, maybe not so little...I had another appointment today, and the midwife estimated (from feeling around Lily) that she's probably going to weigh closer to Jonathan's birth weight than Joshua's...that means closer to 9 pound than 7.5....good thing I have those Kellish hips! LOL Still feeling pretty good, and my blood pressure is still at a good level, so that's an answer to prayer! I am hoping for a completely normal (no induction), natural (no meds) birth, so every good appointment is a step in the right direction! With Josh, I was induced, and had an epidural, which made the whole birth process longer, and with Jonathan, I was induced, but had no anesthesia or pain meds and did much better, time wise. We'll see how Lily decides to act. She is quite active, kicking and moving all the time. I never cease to be amazed how God places life inside a woman...such a miracle! Josh told me the other day that he was glad that ladies have babies, and not men. I chuckled to myself...thinking about how most men handle having even a simple cold...yup, God in all his wisdom knows what's best! We had a special delivery the other day from a sweetheart from church. She brought over a swing for Lily, complete with pink everything! We are so blessed to have been given many things for Lily...big things (like cribs and such) that we won't need to purchase. I still can't picture myself with a girl...after living in an all male home for the last 13 years. It will be a nice change, I do believe.

No comments: