Friday, July 3, 2009

Whoa Baby!

I received a phone call from a woman last night, whom we met just weeks ago at a wedding that Luis helped officiate. She called me from the hospital...in labor with their first child. I could tell she was very uncomfortable, and she was not progressing very quickly at all. She only spoke Spanish, and there was no one at the hospital that could communicate, so we offered to go and help translate for she and her husband. I was so thankful for my years of translation experience at the clinic in Arizona, and the times of working closely with the doctors and nurses back then, that put me at such ease for this. The attending nurse was SUPER!! I am so convinced that nurses are angels, now more than ever! It was such an awesome experience!! I have never been in any delivery other than my own children, so it was such a blessing to watch the miracle of birth! Finally, at 2:19AM, baby Alexis (boy) came out to see us all! God is so good...how He can put people in the right place at the right time...and we are so fortunate to play a small part in His big picture!

2 comments:

Six Wilsons said...

Witnessing the miracle of birth is an amazing experience! Did it make you nervous for your impending birth, or more anxious to see your little angel??

Leslie P. said...

It was actually a good refresher course...it's been 4 years since Jonathan was born. I think I shed more tears than the Mom did...and it made me want to see Lily all the more!